Performance-based assessment in action...into action
Given the academic prompt above, and thinking in terms of putting this into practice...
1. Are performance tasks standardized throughout the institution? What flexibility is there for educators to adapt (or differentiate) academic prompts (performance tasks) around a particular classroom context?
2. How do educators share in the planning, implementation, and assessment of their respective outcomes from these performance tasks? In other words, are performance tasks (planning, implementation, and assessment) shared publicly?
3. How do performance tasks connect learners with the global community? How do learners interact with individuals outside their own classroom?
4. How are standards (e.g., CCSS) referenced throughout the process of planning, implementing, and assessing a performance task?
5. How are professional development opportunities embedded within the process of planning, implementing, and assessing performance tasks?
6. How much time is spent on a performance task, both inside and outside the classroom? What other resources are required?
Certainly, the initial blog post above sets the stage for putting performance-based assessment into action, but the actual outcomes of a given performance task will depend in large part how one answers the six questions above.