- Introduction (or problem)
- Famous quote
- Deep-thinking or essential question; big idea
- Impactful fact or statistic (only example where a citation according to APAis required)
- Context of the problem (or background information)
- Thesis statement
Follow specific reasoning patterns according to the purpose of your text.
- Answer a question based on a specific and researchable topic.
- Complete a problem statement based on the one question the five-paragraph essay seeks to address (or answer).
- Use necessary tools and techniques for conducting a search.