Oct 27th, 2018
- Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bnleez
- Leave comments via Podbean app.
- Add In the Classroom to your favorite podcatcher: RSS Feed
In this episode, I provide an excerpt of a class that is designed to assist English language learners - at an A2 level - to complete a story (one paragraph long) that is inspired by an image (painting or a picture) of a cabin in nature.
- Build vocabulary related to nature: objects, animals, emotions, five senses, etc.
- Gain awareness of paragraph unity (staying on topic), coherence (organizational patterns), and cohesion (transitions)
- Gain awareness of sentence types: simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex
- Gain awareness of parts of speech, types of phrases, and types of clauses
- Gain awareness of comma usage: serial comma, compound sentence, complex sentence, sentence connectors, introductory phrases (five words or more), and appositives
Language (Linguistic) Objectives
- Rheme and theme
- Comma usage
- Descriptive texts using adjectives and prepositional phrases
- Simple, compound, and complex sentences