This is one of two podcast episodes introducing student podcasting for two different subjects I'm scheduled to teach this fall 2021 semester (Aug.-Dec. 2021).
- Speak a minimum of 3-5 minutes and no longer than 60 minutes. The minimum will increase throughout the semester.
- Choose any topic that you wish to discuss the entire semester. It must be a topic you will not get tired of discussing each week over the 16-week semester.
- Include a hook, introduction (podcast name, tagline, your name, date, and key points of the episode), body (choose two-four key points), and conclusion (thank the audience, closing statement and/or what to expect in future episodes). Find an example of a podcast that serves as a model in how you present your intro and outro.
- Upload podcast episodes between Thursday to Sunday of each week.
- Each of your episodes should draw on information (content) taken from other podcasts. The information taken from these sources should be included in your episode: 1) description of what was said, 2) your interpretation or feelings about the information (or how it relates to the key point of your episode), and 3) reference where you got the information and who said it.
- Avoid reading any text during your podcast episode.
- Using background music is optional. If you do use background music make sure to choose only music which is under the public domain (attribution not required) or a creative commons license (attribution required).
- Add your name and OneDrive URL to Teams (private) folder where episodes (accepted audio files) will be uploaded each week.
- Optional: If you decide to produce a public podcast (e.g., https://anchor.fm), create an Anchor account (or any other podcast host of your choice) and include your public URL along in addition to your OneDrive URL mentioned above.
Audio Gear - Microphone: Shure MV7; Microphone pre-amp processor: dbx 286s; Audio interface/recorder: Zoom Podtrak4; Screen recorder/streaming software: OBS; Video/audio editor and normalization (14 lugs): Kdenlive; Joystock @ https://www.joystock.org/; https://www.benjaminlstewart.org/
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/benjamin-l-stewart/message